It’s been three months since I started my role at Sholom and it has been an exciting time for me getting to know everyone and learning about the organization and our community. Sholom exists to serve our residents, tenants, clients and our community and there are many, many individuals who are passionate about Sholom! It is very exciting to see and I am passionate about Sholom, too! Our mission, vision, strategic goals and tactics are essential to Sholom’s future as a value leader in this changing market.
To accomplish this, it seems appropriate at the beginning of the New Year to bring forth the strategic pillars that have been identified by the board as our focus. I’ve added some descriptors which will be discussed at upcoming board meetings.
- Value/quality of people
- Focus on the continuum of health, safety and services to provide an exceptional experience in a Jewish environment, for our population and communities we serve.
- Engage the talents of employees, providers, board and committee directors, members, volunteers and community resources in partnership to achieve our mission and vision.Our work is built on our strong foundational values of care, compassion and community.
- Financially viable
- Position Sholom to be a financially strong and sustainable organization through the creation of value for our populations and the communities we serve.
- Mission/business development
- Maximize Sholom’s 100-plus year history of playing a vital role in our Jewish community by creating market differentiation through our performance, reputation and strategic alignments.
As our strategic plan is refreshed, these identified goals will continue to be our foundation. I will provide periodic updates on our progress.
“If we are facing the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.”
Please join me in this vital work to attain these goals to give the older adults we serve, the team members who serve them, a sweet and healthy New Year!
L’ Shana Tova!
Chief Executive Officer